This webinar provides an opportunity to hear from governments about plans and policies for re-opening ECD centres and pre-schools and addressing disparities and vulnerabilities faced by disadvantaged, marginalised young children at the country level.
In this webinar, we raise the following questions:
1. What are the plans, approaches and strategies of the countries in re-opening pre-schools and ECD centres?
2. How have the disparities and vulnerabilities faced by disadvantaged, marginalised young children before COVID-19 likely increased as a result of the pandemic?
3. What actions are being taken or can be taken to mitigate these increased disparities especially for the disabled and the poor, for those who might have been excluded on account of location, refugee status, gender, ethnicity, faith, and/or language?
Agenda Part I : (14:00 - 14:30)
H.E. Dr Hang Chuon Naron, Minister of Education, Youth and Sport, the Royal Government of Cambodia, will be making his keynote address followed by an open forum.
Agenda Part II (14:30-16:00)
Country presentations ( Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Nepal, Philippines) followed by Q&A session.
1. Ms. Maki Hayashikawa, Chief, Section for Inclusive Quality Education, UNESCO Bangkok
2. Dr. Teresita G. Inciong: Executive Director and Vice-Chair, ECCD Council of the Philippines
3. Dr. Muhammad Hasbi: Director of Early Childhood Education, Ministry of Education and Culture, Government of Indonesia
4. Mr. Yu Jiantuo: Deputy Secretary-General, China Development Research Foundation (CDRF)
5. H.E. Prak Kosal, Deputy Secretary General of NC-ECCD, and Director of Early Childhood Education Department, MoEYS
6. Dr. Tulashi P Thapaliya, Director General, Centre for Education and Human Resource Development, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST), Government of Nepal
7. Mr. Sherab Phuntshok, Chief of Special Education Needs and ECCD Division, Ministry of Education, Bhutan
CLICK here for the presentation slides deck.
CLICK here for the webinar recording on Youtube.