This webinar focuses on safety and security of young children during and beyond the pandemic.
The key questions that will be answered in the webinar are:
1. What are the major safety risks and threats faced by young children during emergencies such as the COVID-19 pandemic?
2. How does the pandemic affect vulnerable populations, such as displaced families, refugees and migrants differently?
3. What can we learn from organisations which have put in place child protection mechanisms and services to support young children in vulnerable situations?
The speakers and topics are found below:
Ms Rachel Harvey, UNICEF EAPRO
"Protecting children in times of COVID-19: risks, challenges and opportunities for adaptation"
Ms. Erum Mariam and Ms. Suhany Zaimah,
BRAC Institute of Educational Development (IED), BRAC University, Bangladesh
"Pashe Achhi: Standing beside children, caregivers and frontliners in refugee communities during COVID-19"
Mr Talat Mahmud, Programme Director, Play to Learn, Sesame Workshop, Bangladesh
"Sesame Workshop and BRAC Content Co-Creation for COVID-19 Response: Key Messages and Distribution Channels in Cox’s Bazar"
Ms Anita L’Enfant, eSafety Commissioner, Australia
"Keeping children safe online during COVID-19"
Ms Peta-Gaye Bookall, UNICEF Pacific Multi-Country Office
"Impact of COVID19 movement restrictions on child protection in the Pacific Region"
Mr Tata Sudrajat, Yayasan Sayangi Tunas Cili (partner of Save the Children Indonesia)
"Child Protection responses during COVID-19: Learning from Indonesia"
Ms Jessica Hampton, Education Advisor at ChildFund Australia and ARNEC Steering Committee Member moderated this webinar.
CLICK here for the presentation slides deck
CLICK here for the webinar recording on YouTube.
- COVID-19: an online safety kit for parents and carers by eSafety Commisioner
- Parenting tips and activities (in multiple languages)
- Sesame Street #CaringforEachother
More webinars by ARNEC: