- The health and rights of all children and adolescents are under threat. Some of the most pressing harms include a rapidly changing climate, mass commercial marketing of harmful products like sugar, fast food, tobacco and alcohol, and growing inequities.
- When we invest in children, we invest in the future. Investing in a child’s health, development and their environment bring benefits throughout life, and across generations.
- We call on governments, civil society, communities and young people around the world to join a global movement that puts child and adolescent health at the centre of the Sustainable Development Goals. Threats to their health and wellbeing must be addressed, ensuring no child is left behind.
- Strong, unified action today – including stopping greenhouse gas emissions as quickly as possible -is the only way to promote children’s healthy growth and development and protect their rights.
- A global movement for children cannot take place without them at the heart. Children and youth must be invited into, meaningfully engaged, and their views respected as key stakeholders in decision making and policies that affect their health and their futures.
More on the Global Launch : https://www.who.int/news-room/campaigns/a-future-fit-for-children/
Read the full text : https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(19)32540-1/fulltext